Registration is now open for Religious Education for the 2019-2020 school year! This year we will have online registration for all PreK-12 Religious Education Programs, including sacramental preparation. See the registration link and additional information below. Similar information can also be found in the registration packets that are available in the back of the church or may have been mailed to you. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Amy Harker, Coordinator of Religious Education (PreK-5), or Steve Davies, Coordinator of Youth Ministries (6-12). If you have difficulty with the online registration form, please contact the Parish Office.
Online registration is due by Sunday, September 1.
Start dates for 2019-2020:
- Elementary: Sunday, September 15 @ 9:00am – Emmaus Fall Frenzy
- Regular Sunday & Monday times commence September 22 & 23
- Middle School: Wednesday, September 11
- High School: Wednesday, September 18
- Elementary: Sundays, 10:15-11:30am – or – Mondays, 4:45-6:00pm
- Middle School: 6:45-8:15pm
- High School: 7:00-8:30pm
Receiving a new sacrament is a very special and exciting event! In order to receive the full graces of the sacraments, we must have a sufficient understanding of and reverence for the great gifts we are receiving. In the past, First Reconciliation and First Holy Communion preparation were primarily completed during regular first and second grade Religious Education. It has been challenging to cover both the appropriate grade level material as well as sacramental preparation material in such limited time. Additionally, this format is not very accommodating to those who require sacramental preparation during a non-traditional year or who may not participate in the normal Religious Education program because of home schooling, attendance at a Catholic school, or other reasons. This year, First Reconciliation and First Holy Communion preparation will take place as a (roughly) once-a-month program outside of the normal Religious Education schedule. The schedule of classes is can be downloaded from the links below, and registration for sacramental preparation can be completed during the regular Religious Education registration process. Confirmation Preparation will continue to be separate from High School mentor groups as it has been in the past.
Catechesis of the Good Shepherd (CGS)
This program is for children who will be 3 or 4 years old by September 1, 2019. It is a formation program rooted in the Bible, the liturgy of the Church, and the educational principles of Maria Montessori. CGS is offered on Sundays and Mondays at the same time as K-5 Religious Education.
- 3K & 4K children participate in Catechesis of the Good Shepherd.
- Grades K-5 use the Faith and Life textbook series from Ignatius Press
- Grades 6-8 use an interactive program based on the CCC
- High School gathers weekly in mentor groups and meets monthly for Dead Theologians Society
- First Reconciliation and First Communion uses Signs of Grace published by the Augustine Institute
- Confirmation uses Decision Point, Altaration, Chosen, & several other primary sources